Update for tinylog 0.8
December 4th, 2013
- Optional library log4j-facade with a Log4j 1.x compatible logging API
- Non-existent directories in log file paths are created automatically
- Compatibility with Java 5
- Creating of log files with timestamps failed
- Logging levels of packages was ignored if the logging level is lower than the global logging level of the logger
New documentation is online
June 2nd, 2013
The new documentation is much more comprehensive than the old user manual and is now on the current state of tinylog 0.8. Due to the size the new documentation is divided into five chapters and discusses also the extensibility of tinylog, e.g. how to create an own writer.
tinylog 0.8 is released
March 7th, 2013
Today the second to last beta version of tinylog is released. The new version 0.8 is now available for download.
- Maven artifact
- OSGi bundle (e.g. for Eclipse RCP applications)
- Support for application servers such as Glassfish
- Separated logger and configuration (two different classes)
- Fluent API for configuration
- New configurations can be set atomically (multiple changes become simultaneously active)
- Observe properties files and reload the configuration automatically
- Extended the logging API for other logging frameworks (necessary for the planned log4j facade)
- Logging methods for plain Java objects
- Complete rewriting of tests (now 155 tests with a code coverage of 94 %)
- Use the fast method sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass() to get the class name in Sun/Oracle VMs
- Faster creating of log entries, if no parameters are passed
- Logging writers get the logging level of the logger instead of the logging entry
- Labellers are ignored if defined by property
Roadmap is online
January 12th, 2013
The roadmap shows the current state of development and all steps to the version 1.0. All milestones will be released as soon as they are done, sufficiently tested and completely documented. For the benefit of stability I don't give fixed release dates.
Update for tinylog 0.7
August 20th, 2012
In tinylog 0.6 and 0.7 was a performance bug that could lead to very slowly logging for very deeply nested methods. This is now fixed with tinylog 0.7.1. Thank you for reporting the problem!
tinylog 0.7 is released
August 20th, 2012
Today the next beta version of tinylog is released. The new version 0.7 is now available for download. Feedback (positive and negative) is still welcome!
- IO operations can be executed in a separate thread
- Policies for rollover strategies (e.g. daily at midnight)
- Labellers for generating filenames for backups (counting or timestamp)
- Own writers, policies and labellers can be registered as service
- Interface for alternative logger APIs
- Refactoring of the package structure
tinylog 0.6 is released
August 9th, 2012
After half a year of intensive development, tinylog 0.6 is today officially released as the first public beta. The JAR file and the source code are ready for download. New ideas and feedback are always welcome!
Website goes live
May 30th, 2012
Today the tinylog website went online. The first public beta of tinylog is version 0.6 and will be released as soon as this summer.